Christmas & Halloween

Oh, yes I did. I'm writing about Christmas and Halloween in one post on October 2.   Welcome to my world. 

As I'm getting ready for the Christmas open house at The Old Lucketts Store, it made me think of some of my favorite tutorials from last year. 




Everyone went nuts over this ruffled linen Christmas tree skirt I made for HGTV.com.  Well, the tutorial is finally live, so you can make one on your own.  And the best news?  It's no sew.  That's right.  No sewing...at all...ever.  You can check out the full tutorial here.  To keep it budget friendly, linen can be purchased for $5.00/yard online.  You can also use a white cotton sheet to reduce the price even further. 





I sell a lot of piece I make for HGTV.com after I turn the article in, but I kept this one for myself. 



...and in case you're wondering...yes, I did try it on.  A girl can't resist a twirly skirt!


The other project I received a lot of questions about is my ornate gold leaf chalk board
I kept this piece, too, and use it in a lot of my photo shoots. 

 


I used a discount frame, some gold leaf and made my own chalk board for inexpensive, custom artwork.  You can read the full tutorial here



Shifting gears to a holiday just around the corner, Halloween.  One of my sponsors, Janet Hopkins, has some very cool Halloween printables and kits to bring your decor to the next level.  I love these labels...



...and this banner...



...it would look so cool printed on some frayed linen, don't you think?  I also have a lot of easy and fun Halloween decorating ideas posted on HGTV.com.  The links to those projects are listed on my side bar.  Have fun preparing for the upcoming fall and winter holidays.  This is definitely my favorite time of the year.