Furniture I Love: Christoph Engle Edition

One great trick that some furniture makers do well is combining different woods, especially unusual woods, to create interest in a piece of furniture. When I saw Christoph Engle’s “Cabinet Time Forgot,” I was struck by how well the different woods complimented each other. There is not a huge contrast, which is something lots of furniture makers go for, but instead there’s a subtle gradation in the tones. I also love that there is space between the slates in the book-matched front doors.



Another of Engle’s designs that I love is his cherry display cabinet. I definitely see the influence of Engle’s time at the College of the Redwoods under James Krenov at play in this piece. I love what he has done with this design inside and out. The interior details are exquisite.





Enjoy more of Christoph Engle’s work at www.cengledesign.com.

All photos by Christoph Engle.